Waxing for Bros
- Don’t Worry, I Won’t Tell [Brow Wax] $20
- The Kelly Clarkson [Chest Wax] $55
- Rug Burn [Back Wax] $55
- Crack The Ripper [Ass Wax] $60
- When Hairy “BECAME” Sally [Bro-zillian] $75 (balls are a liability – I’m not going near ’em)
- Brass Knuckles [Hand Wax] $20
- Footloose [Foot Wax] $20
- HoneyMoon Package [includes Chest and Back] $95
Here is some info to help ease the mind of any of you dudes who are nervous about waxing. Guys have been man-scaping for years, and for lots of different reasons! Many men do it for personal reasons, or maybe their partners want them to to try it out?! Most salons and spas offer waxing for men these days, but not many offer a space where everyone, including men, feel comfortable.
Listen Shi – I’ve tried waxing my chest (or back, or some other part) before, and I got all these little red or white bumps. Now I’m hesitant to do it again.
Unfortunately, this is common, especially if you’re a dude with sensitive skin or really coarse hair. Lots of guys only get this the first few times they wax – after you do it regularly you will find it happens less and less.
If your worried about “rising” to the occasion…
We’re all adults around here. We know shit happens due to nerves, or whatever the direction the wind is blowing. Don’t sweat it! It won’t be the first time, it certainly won’t be the last.
So – I have these totally random patches of hair on my body that I want to get rid of. Can you do it? I don’t see that on the menu…? Can you get rid of ’em?
Yup! I will get rid of any other small patches and/or bits of hair with your appointment. I aim to please, fellas.
How to Prepare for Your Bro-zilian Wax:
- Please shower before your appointment. – Or I’ll smell ya later!
- Hair must be a quarter of an inch (about the length of a grain of rice) to adhere correctly to the wax.
- Don’t shave between waxes. Shaving creates sharper, coarser hair – and makes for more painful waxing!
- Exfoliate your skin the night before your wax. Exfoliating the skin (use organic cane sugar) will keep ingrown hairs away. It’s a good idea to make a habit of this, especially if you’re prone to ingrown’s.
- I swear it gets easier! I know that you waxing virgins don’t know exactly what to expect. My advice is to just know that the “first one is the worst one,” especially if you’ve been shaving up until now. Most of the time, people leave saying “that wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be.” Also – if you can handle a tattoo, this is a walk in the park (as a point of reference). And really, let’s face it, it’s ten minutes of your life, and you’re not pussies. Pun intended.
- Gently medicate if you are worried about pain. Take a couple of Advil about 30 minutes before your appointment. Although we know you like to party just as much as the next guy, drinking alcohol heavily or smoking the day before your service will thin the blood and make you more prone to bleeding or bruising.
Waxing Aftercare Instructions
- Avoid sun exposure, deodorant, super hot showers, chlorinated pools, solarium, spas and saunas for 48 hours.
- Stay away from strenuous work-outs for 24-hours after your appointment – we all know you’re a freak in the sheets (that’s probably why you’re here =) ) but be sure to shower after you get down and dirty.
- Exfoliate 3 times a week with organic cane sugar, baking soda, coffee grounds or shower gloves in the shower.
- Apply witch hazel with a cotton ball after exfoliation.
- Do not shave or tweeze between waxing.
- DO NOT use scented powders or lotions on the bikini area after waxing.
- Do not use bar soap. This will only increase your risk of irritation and ingrown hairs.